Dance Performances FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What do your performers need to be provided with?
- A private green room (separate room away from guests) to allow entertainers to privately stretch, get dressed and store belongings.
- If your booking a feature performance, then audio equipment will need to be provided and in some cases microphones.
What time do performers arrive?
- Performers arrive between 30-45 minutes prior to their start time depending on how long it takes for them to warm up and get ready.
How do your performers play the music for their show?
- We will provide music to your DJ or audio technicians in whatever format they prefer.
What if we don’t have a DJ or any audio equipment?
- We can bring a professional quality battery speaker system, this will incur a small fee of $100+GST per speaker. Speaker are portable & don’t require access to power.
- 1x Speaker is sufficient for audiences of around 50 guests
- 2x Speakers are sufficient for audiences of around 100-150 guests
Can I ask your performers to stay longer on the night?
- If you wish to extend the performer’s booking time on the night, extra fees will be incurred. This will need to be cleared with Melbourne Entertainment Company before we can confirm. In some circumstances performers will have other bookings so this may not be possible.
If I book a feature performance, can the dancers hang around for some dancing with guests and/or photos afterwards?
- After a feature show, dancers can help encourage guests onto the dance floor and dance with them for 5 minutes. Dancers can also offer 15 minutes of photos after a show, but will require a short 5-10 minute stretching period immediately after the feature show.
- If you would like the performers to stay longer than 15 minutes, then discounted additional roving entertainment fees will apply.
- These are approximately $250+GST per hour, per performer on top of the feature show.
What if my event is running late?
- If you need to push back the performance on the day of your event please know that we may have other bookings and might not be able to accommodate, although we will always try our very best. Small delays are totally understandable, significant delays will incur an added fee.
Can your dancers interact with guests?
- Our meet and greet hourly roving entertainment options are interactive based performances allowing guests the opportunity to mingle with the entertainers.
- Feature shows are different, they are a high-impact short dance performance.
- If you are booking a feature show and would like to add a roving/meet and greet set to the beginning of your event we can offer some discounts on regular roving prices.
- These are approximately $250+GST per hour, per performer on top of the feature show
- Some feature shows have the option of adding audience participation as well.
Can your performers make announcements/present awards?
- Yes but it does depend on the style of performer hired. An Actor or Singer can make announcements and engage in hosting style activities, where as a Dancer is better suited to present awards and non speaking tasks.
Do your performers need breaks?
- Roving entertainers that are booked for longer than a 1 hour sets will require breaks.
- 1 hour bookings requires no breaks.
- 2 hour bookings will run as a 50 minute set, 20 minute break, followed by a second 50 minute set.
- 3 hour bookings will run as 3x 45 minute sets with 2x 15 minute breaks.
- If you have booked performers to do multiple jobs at your event eg. Roving for an hour plus a feature performance there will need to be a break in-between the feature performance and the roving set, they cannot run back to back.
Do your dancers have public liability?
- Yes our dance managers have public liability insurance covering jobs that are booked through us. Some performers have their own personal public liability too.
- We have a large collection of original and stunning costumes to suit any occasion. Pre-owned costume fees are included in the prices that we quote you.
What if I want a costume that you don’t already own?
- If we do not already own a particular costume you would like to see in your performance then we can have our costume department create it for you. We generally require about 6 weeks notice for custom costume requests. You will be required to pay the cost of the costume maker to create the pieces. All costumes are the property of the dance managers at Melbourne Entertainment Company.
Do you hire out costumes?
- No, sorry.
Are there any hidden costs?
- No, we will provide you with the number of performers, length of performance and price. This fee covers the talent, performance and costume. If you wish to make adjustments to our pre-set entertainment then an extra fee may incur but we will notify you of this as soon as you make your request.